Sunday, January 20, 2008

One Week Til Race Day

It is just one week until the 3M Half Marathon. I got some good preparation in this weekend. Friday night I spent two hours at the gym going back and forth between the eliptical and the treadmill. There is something sad about the fact that an exciting Friday night for me is hitting the gym at 10:00pm. This morning (Sunday), I ran 9.4 miles out on the road. We had a freeze last night so that the frost on the grass and the roofs of the houses made it look like we were having an actual winter. I wore my new running shoes for the first time today. Each year I get myself a new pair of running shoes. As one of my running instructors once said, they are not cheap, but it's better than getting a new set of knees. Today was tiring, but it felt good. I was able to complete the distance, including several good-sized hills without hitting the wall.

I am looking forward to the race next Sunday. I have booked a room at the Embassy Suites hotel. The race starts right in front of the hotel. This means that I can spend a comfortable night there and won't have to get up at 5:00 a.m. to drive across town and maneuver through the traffic like I have the past few years. I am about 20 pounds lighter than last year and have run further in my training as well. I will post about the race itself next week.

No comments: