Monday, April 20, 2009

Ukraine's Answer to Katy Perry

Readers of this blog may know that I have a fond feeling for the Eastern European county of Ukraine. Our family has many good memories of our trips to Ukraine and the hospitality we received.

I had to smile a bit when I heard that a Ukrainian polka band had covered Katy Perry's "Hot 'n Cold." I don't know what is more strange--guys singing the girl's part or a polka band doing rock and roll. However, it is pretty funny. Here it is.



Since I don't want to leave anyone with the wrong impression, Ukrainians can rock out even without a polka band. I don't know who this is, but it is pretty cool.



Finally, no discussion of Ukraine in popular culture would be complete without paying homage to the Seinfeld episode in which Kramer insulted Ukraine and paid the consequences.



Don't mess with Ukraine!

2 comments:

D_D said...

very nice & funny movies )

D_D said...

you can also vist my blog) about marketing. it is joke-blog with some facts...