Sunday, August 31, 2008

An Unfortunate Turn of Phrase

On Friday, I commented on former President Bill Clinton's elegant turn of phrase at the Democratic National Convention. However, another Democrat, fomer Rep. Charlie Wilson from Texas gets the award for the Convention's biggest gaffe:

We should be led by Osama bin Laden. I mean Obama and Biden.

No doubt the red meat conservative commentators will jump on this as proof of the Democratic Party's true convictions. However, sometimes a slip of the tongue is just a flub and not a window into the hidden psyche.

I recently finised a nine day trial which involved three appraisers: Mr. Coleman, Mr. Powell and Mr. Smith. By the end of the trial, both laywers (myself included) were repeatedly getting the three appraisers confused, even though each of them have simple, distinctive names.

I hope that my liberal friends will remember this the next time a Republican gets their words crossed.

No comments: